Living in Korea

Hi everyone! Just wanted to create this blog site so you all could keep up to date on my most recent adventures. This is the perfect way to let all my family and friends see exactly what I'm doing here in Korea. Hope you enjoy!

Monday, October 16, 2006

PRO Hockey in Korea!!

Hey! This blog is dedicated to all my Canadian friends and family who like me enjoy the great game of hockey! Yesterday I experienced my first hockey game overseas and let me tell you what a good time. For $10 we got to sit in the "hotdog party zone"...haha! This price included the ticket which was right up against the glass, a hotdog and all you can drink beer! And if you get the membership for $20 you get a jersey and tons of discounts including saving about half on tickets. What a great deal!
The league consists of 8 teams, 2 in korean, 2 from china and 4 from japan. They play about 4-5 home games a month. The season just started and lasts a few months. So I think I will become a regular, the arena is only a couple subway stops away. One main difference between Canadian fans and Korean fans is the atmosphere at the game. Koreans are quite reserved and quiet. Fortunately usually half the fans there are foreigners, mostly Canadians so we know how to rock the place. We do get odd looks from the korean fans whenever we start screaming and yelling but it doesn't bother us, by now we're all use to the stares we get whenever we walk down the street...so this is nothing!
This was definately a fun way to spend a sunday afternoon and I look forward to future games. I've also posted a couple more pics so take a look!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home