Living in Korea

Hi everyone! Just wanted to create this blog site so you all could keep up to date on my most recent adventures. This is the perfect way to let all my family and friends see exactly what I'm doing here in Korea. Hope you enjoy!

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Suwon


Hey Everyone! So here's my first blog about being in Korea. The first weekend I arrived one of my co-teachers offered to show me around Suwon. Suwon is the second biggest city in Korea. It's 3 subway stops from me so it's not too far. This is a pic of me at the flood gates. This building overlooks a park and is where people can come and have pic-nics and enjoy the view of the city.




This is a pic of the front of Hwaseong Fortress. It took about 2 hours to walk and see the whole thing. It has 99 rooms. Before we walked inside there was a demonstation on how it use to be back in the 14thC. There were people dressed up and reinacting what would happen when the King would come visit. It was quite interesting and definately worth seeing. I also took some video so when I get home I can share that as well.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home